Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Celebrate by watching a film set in Ireland.
1. Albert Nobbs A woman (Glenn Close) passes as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Ireland. Some thirty years after donning men’s clothing, she finds herself trapped in a prison of her own making.
2. Waking Ned Devine – When lottery winner Ned Devine is found dead, his friends embark upon an outrageous scheme to claim the ticket, but first they have to get all the townsfolk to go along with their plan.
3.Once – Guy meets Girl and makes music in Dublin.
4. Snapper -Comedy about a close-knit, boisterous Irish family, and the commotion that follows the oldest daughter’s announcement that she is pregnant.
5. Intermission – Starring Colin Farrell. In the suburbs of Dublin, more than a dozen strangers find their paths colliding in sometimes violent, sometimes absurd ways.
6. The Commitments – Fueled by raw talent and driven by dreams of glory, a dozen dead-enders from Dublin’s gritty North Side share a passion for soul music that takes their band on a wild rollercoaster ride from the streets to superstardom.