Are you interested in becoming a VISTA member? Do you have a desire to work in higher education? Want to make a difference in Connecticut? If so, become a CTCC VISTA member!
To apply for a VISTA position you will need to create an AmeriCorps Application. Create an account and application today on the My AmeriCorps portal. Once you have created an application, search for CTCC VISTA positions.
We are now recruiting for our 2014-2015 VISTA Cohort!! The VISTA members will begin their service term on July 8, 2014 and end July 11, 2015
Recruitment will be done from March 2014 through April 2014!
Visit the AmeriCorps.gov website to view and apply to our general posting. You can also search for these specific Host Site positions:
- Higher Edge, CT (New London)
- Access to Assets (Willimantic)
- Project Teach and Learn (New London)
- Mitchell College – coming soon
- Goodwin College – coming soon
- Three Rivers Community College – coming soon
- Bridgeport Assessment – coming soon
Benefits CTCC VISTA members receive:
- Monthly living allowance to each VISTA of approximately $950 – $1,300 per month (depending on the county served)
- Option of either a $1,500 stipend or $5,650 education award, at the end of the VISTA’s service year
- Optional Health coverage (Seven Corners); does not meet Affordable Care Act requirements
- Relocation allowance (for eligible VISTAs, Relocation Fact Sheet)
- Student loan forbearance (only for qualifying loans)
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal employment following the year of full-time service
- All-expenses paid Pre-Service Orientation that each person must attend before starting their VISTA service
- Professional networking with other Campus Compact VISTAs (the largest VISTA program)
There is also the option for some CTCC VISTA to receive:
- On-Campus housing
- Campus meal plan
- Campus vehicle usage
For VISTA related questions, please contact our VISTA Leader at (203) 254-4000, x 2082.