Are you interested in becoming a VISTA member? Do you have a desire to work in higher education? Want to make a difference in Connecticut? If so, become a CTCC VISTA member!
Thank you for your interest in our VISTA Program, but we are not recruiting at this time.
Benefits CTCC VISTA members receive:
- Monthly living allowance to each VISTA of approximately $950 – $1,300 per month (depending on the county served)
- Option of either a $1,500 stipend or $5,650 education award, at the end of the VISTA’s service year
- Optional Health coverage (Seven Corners); does not meet Affordable Care Act requirements
- Relocation allowance (for eligible VISTAs, Relocation Fact Sheet)
- Student loan forbearance (only for qualifying loans)
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal employment following the year of full-time service
- All-expenses paid Pre-Service Orientation that each person must attend before starting their VISTA service
- Professional networking with other Campus Compact VISTAs (the largest VISTA program)
There is also the option for some CTCC VISTA to receive:
- On-Campus housing
- Campus meal plan
- Campus vehicle usage
For VISTA related questions, please contact our VISTA Leader at (203) 254-4000, x 2082.