Are you interested in becoming a VISTA member? Do you have a desire to work in higher education? Want to make a difference in Connecticut? If so, become a CTCC VISTA member!
To apply for a VISTA position you will need to create an AmeriCorps Application. Create an account and application today on the My AmeriCorps portal. Once you have created an application, search for CTCC VISTA positions.
Our 2014-2015 VISTA Cohort will begin their service term in early July 2014.
If you are interested in applying, please prepare your AmeriCorps application and be ready to apply in February 2014!
Benefits CTCC VISTA members receive:
- Monthly living allowance to each VISTA of approximately $950 – $1,300 per month (depending on the county served)
- Option of either a $1,500 stipend or $5,550 education award, at the end of the VISTA’s service year
- Health coverage (Seven Corners)
- Relocation allowance (for eligible VISTAs, Relocation Fact Sheet)
- Student loan forbearance (only for qualifying loans)
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal employment following the year of full-time service
- All-expenses paid Pre-Service Orientation that each person must attend before starting their VISTA service
- Professional networking with other Campus Compact VISTAs (the largest VISTA program)
There is also the option for some CTCC VISTA to receive:
- On-Campus housing
- Campus meal plan
- Campus vehicle usage
For VISTA related questions, please contact our VISTA Leader at (203) 254-4000, x 2082.