Moving Us Forward: Aligning Civic and Community Engagement with Mission and Institutional Effectiveness
October 23 – 25, 2013
The mission of this conference is to bring higher education stakeholders together as we seek to align civic and community engagement with campus mission and institutional effectiveness.
- Support institutions to stay out in front of emerging trends in higher ed, with emphasis on the Carnegie classification for community engagement
- Work with leaders to advance structural and cultural strategies for rewarding engaged scholarship in promotion and tenure
- Explore the challenges associated with assessing campus-wide engagement and articulate strategies for shared success
Request for Proposals
ERCC seeks proposals that address one or more of the conference goals. Specifically, we seek proposals that focus on the following areas:
- Innovative practices that have moved civic/community engagement into closer alignment with institutional mission and effectiveness.
- Advances your institution has made in the area of promotion and tenure rewards vis-a-vis civic/community engaged teaching and scholarship.
- Cross-disciplinary approaches to developing and supporting robust campus-community partnerships.
- Successful strategies for assessing the effectiveness of community engagement.
Workshop and poster proposals should demonstrate a high level of interactivity by suggesting to participants the kinds of questions that they can expect the session to address. Click here for more information about submitting a proposal.
Mark your calendars! There will be much more to follow soon, or visit www.ercompact.org for more resources and to join the discussion.