Moving Us Forward: Aligning Civic and Community Engagement with Mission and Institutional Effectiveness
October 23 – 25, 2013
The mission of this conference is to bring higher education stakeholders together as we seek to align civic and community engagement with campus mission and institutional effectiveness.
- Support institutions to stay out in front of emerging trends in higher ed, with emphasis on the Carnegie classification for community engagement
- Work with leaders to advance structural and cultural strategies for rewarding engaged scholarship in promotion and tenure
- Explore the challenges associated with assessing campus-wide engagement and articulate strategies for shared success
Request for Proposals: Submissions now Closed
ERCC seeks proposals that address one or more of the conference goals. Specifically, we seek proposals that focus on the following areas:
- Innovative practices that have moved civic/community engagement into closer alignment with institutional mission and effectiveness.
- Advances your institution has made in the area of promotion and tenure rewards vis-a-vis civic/community engaged teaching and scholarship.
- Cross-disciplinary approaches to developing and supporting robust campus-community partnerships.
- Successful strategies for assessing the effectiveness of community engagement.
Workshop and poster proposals should demonstrate a high level of interactivity by suggesting to participants the kinds of questions that they can expect the session to address. Click here for more information about submitting a proposal.
Mark your calendars! There will be much more to follow soon, or visit www.ercompact.org for more resources and to join the discussion.