National Campus Compact posts available positions throughout the country on the “Jobs” section of their website. You can search for jobs, volunteer opportunities or AmeriCorps positions on their site.
CTCC will post position details for campuses and organizations in Connecticut and/or with Campus Compact. If your campus or organization has a job opening in community engagement, service-learning, grant writing or a similar field, then please send the information to Katie Coutu, firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may share it with those in our network.
ORGANIZATION: Connecticut Campus Compact
TITLE: Executive Director
Position is open until filled
The vast majority of colleges and universities in Connecticut – public and private, research and Ivy League university – are members of the state coalition. Connecticut Campus Compact (CTCC) has the capacity to bring all colleges and universities together in order to find solutions to issues related to Connecticut’s civic and economic prosperity. CTCC promotes partnerships and action that connect economic prosperity and engaged citizenship. The Executive Director will be the primary administrator for the organization and the essential link to the national network.
This position is contingent upon funding from institutional membership, grants, sponsorship and individual giving.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL NEEDED:
Capacity to work closely with institutional leadership in an executive capacity. Knowledge of civic engagement literature as it relates to higher education – theory and practice. This necessarily includes service learning, volunteerism, civic learning, democratic engagement, public or engaged scholarship, and curricular and co-curricular engagement.
Demonstrated fundraising success; exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required, as are interpersonal and organizational skills.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree, PhD preferred
- Excellence in working with multiple constituencies including institutional leadership, faculty and staff
- A minimum of five years of experience in higher education or non-profit sector that includes experience with college-community partnerships, organizational development and large project oversight
- Experience and success with Board development
- Successful track record in fund-raising and grant writing
- Ability to lead multi-constituency strategic planning process
- Knowledge of evolving trends in best practices in teaching and learning
- Ability to oversee office, marketing and technology management plans
- Success in developing partnerships, alliances, and collaborative initiatives
TO APPLY: Please see the entire job description for application instructions.