Making the most of the Career Fair (PS, it’s tomorrow!)
In less than 24 hours 70 employers from a variety of industries will invade Fairfield’s campus. At first glance this might seem daunting… But it is not! Consider this an amazing opportunity for you to network with employers and learn more about what types of careers are out there. It is also a great place for you to get experience talking about YOU. Below are some tips on how to make the most of the Career Fair.
How to Prepare:
- Know who is coming! Checkout the Buy Viagra Discover Card. for the complete list of attendees.
- Research in more depth about the employers that you want to meet. What do they do? Are they hiring?
- Be prepared to introduce yourself with a 30-60 second “Elevator Pitch:
- - Communicate a professional/enthusiastic attitude, use a firm handshake, and have a confident smile.
- - Prepare a sincere, one-minute “commercial” about yourself. Include information such as: your major, courses, GPA, skills, activities, work values, reason why you would be a good match with their company/industry, what makes you a special candidate, what your greatest strengths are, or what you have to offer. Summarize your relevant skills, interests, and background.
Day of the Fair (TOMORROW!)
- Arrive early and check out the floor plan, this might help ease any anxiety you have going into the day.
- Collect Business Cards and write something notable on the back about the person, this makes writing thank you notes very easy!
- Bring a pad of paper to take notes.
- Bring copies of your resume on RESUME PAPER even if they have the resume already
- Be open to talking to different companies, you never know what types of opportunities are out there.
- Don’t pair up with a buddy – go off on your own.. It is easy to get comfortable going up in pairs, but employers want to talk to you individually.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS!
Day After the Fair
- Review your notes & business cards to craft thoughtful thank you notes..
- Be sure to email or write thank you notes sooner rather than later.
- Do your homework on the companies you are interested. They want to know your interest & knowledge of company.
- Dress for success
- Go early and know is attending
- Project a positive image
- Know your elevator pitch!
- DO NOT BE PASSIVE – ask questions!
You can do it and if you need anything CPC Counselors will be there the whole day!