- Shall moderate and chair all council members’ (COSO) meetings and General Assemblies and shall act as the official spokesperson of COSO.
- Is responsible for appointing the Vice Chairperson and the three directors.
- Shall meet weekly with the FUSA Executive Board and the COSO Advisor.
- Holds the right to call special meetings, call for emergency e-mail or telephone votes, and will be able to allocate funds in the event of an emergency without consultation of the COSO Council Members if the amount is under $100.
- Shall appoint a replacement for any vacant position.