Donor Profiles

Harry Rissetto ’65, P’00
Member, College of Arts & Sciences Advisory Board; established Jesuit Recruitment and Retention Fund
Hometown: Washington, D.C.
Major: Biology
Profession: Attorney

This past year, Harry generously sponsored discussion panels with Fairfield faculty and alumni on the pertinent issues of healthcare reform and policies around illegal migration. He also established the Jesuit Recruitment and Retention Fund at Fairfield, which will help the University attract, hire, retain, and promote Jesuits as faculty members through the offering of pre- and post-doctoral fellowships as well as visiting professorships for Jesuits in mid-career. “Grace and I established the Fund out of gratitude for the values that the Jesuits planted in three generations of Rissettos—particularly how to be a ‘person for others’.”

Read more about Harry.

John ’75 and Susan (Tomasulo) ’74 Walker
President’s Circle members
Hometown: Fairfield, Conn.
Major(s): Accounting (John); Psychology (Susan)
Profession(s): Operations/Finance (John); Librarian (Susan)

“Giving back is partly about pride, but it’s also because we believe in the strength of a Fairfield education and want to see our alma mater flourish,” says Susan. She and John met at Fairfield and married shortly after graduation. Both feel strong ties to their alma mater and have a long history of supporting Fairfield.

Read more about the Walkers.

William J. Crean Jr. ’91
Alumni Association Board President; President’s Circle member
Hometown: Hingham, Mass.
Major: Politics; Minor in Economics
Profession: Real estate

“Fairfield was there for me, my sister Kelly ’92, and brother Kevin ’00 with the financial aid to make college a reality—and the University continues to provide social, business, learning, and philanthropic opportunities almost 20 years later.”

Read more about Bill.

Jessica (Dionne) and Tim Welsh ’98
Annual Fund Committee members; President’s Circle members
Hometown: Sunnyside, N.Y.
Major: History (Tim); Biology (Jessica)
Profession: Attorney (Tim); Speech-language pathologist (Jessica)

“The concept of ‘men and women for others’ really resonated for us and still does. Fairfield has a special place in our lives,” says Jessica Welsh ’98. Tim and Jessica met at Fairfield, and have been active volunteers on the Annual Fund Committee.

Read more about the Welshes.

Kim LoPiano ’04
Young alumni donor
Hometown: Currently Fairfield, Conn., originally Franklin, Mass.
Major: Sociology & Anthropology
Profession: Fundraising

Kim made many life-long friendships as an undergraduate, including her husband Mike ’04, and so her personal and social life is very much rooted in Fairfield University.

“When you talk about Fairfield’s mission of the development of the whole person in the pursuit of realizing your true potential—this is something that I carry with me in my life, not only in my career, but in my every day,” Kim says.

“My husband and I give to Fairfield because we feel it is important to give back to the community that has contributed so much to who and where we are in our lives. To me Fairfield University is more than an institution of higher learning—it’s a community—one that we hold near and dear to our hearts. We believe in Fairfield’s mission and we want to support that mission so that future students can benefit from Fairfield U., just as we have.”

After seven years in market research, Kim recently decided to re-direct her career to explore fundraising as a career. She landed a job right here at the University, as coordinator of Annual and Special Gifts. “I wanted to be a part of something focused on giving back and doing good for people and for society.”

Darryl Brackeen Jr. ’10
Class agent; Young alumni donor
Hometown: New Haven, Conn.
Major: Politics and history double-major
Profession: Teacher and Campaign Manager

While at Fairfield, Darryl took advantage of the many opportunities to develop leadership skills, serving the Inter-Residence Hall Association in various positions as president, diversity director and student affairs chair. He was also on the FUSA senate for his junior and senior years. At present, he is a substitute teacher in the New Haven Public Schools, was recently a campaign manager for State Representative Pat Dillon (92nd district Conn.), and a New Haven Aldermanic candidate 2011.

“Learning the Jesuit ideals through the core program has really impacted me to see the world in a different light,” says Darryl. “There are people out there that need some hope and, with my experience and knowledge from Fairfield, I can be that hope in some way, shape, or form. I’ve donated and I will continue to donate. I believe that giving back to the place that has given me so much is so very important for future students of the University as well.”

Joe and Mary Carlucci, P’10,’09
Parents’ Fund Committee Chairs 2009-10; President’s Circle members
Hometown: Rockport, Mass.
Profession(s): CEO and Co-founder, American Renal Associates (Joe); Fundraising (Mary)

After a campus visit, Patrick Carlucci ’09 was sure Fairfield was the place he wanted to go to college. A year later, his brother Nicholas ’10 followed. “We think it was a combination of the quality of the kids they met, the welcoming atmosphere, the ‘perfect size’ campus—including the town and the beach. For us, it was all about the Jesuit education and the University’s quality and reputation,” say their parents, Joe and Mary Carlucci.

As their sons moved through their college experiences, the Carluccis were impressed with how each of them developed in the areas of social justice, respect for others, tolerance, and spiritual evolution. Patrick graduated with a degree in marketing, and Nicholas earned his degree in English. “Simply put, Fairfield has helped them both to be better, more respectful people,” says Joe. “Their degrees from Fairfield helped them get jobs, I am sure, but most important is that they understand how to be good and productive people in this ever difficult world we live in.”

“Mary and I are most fortunate. We firmly believe that it is an obligation to give as much as we can to help others that might not be as fortunate. It is our honor to do so. It is an obligation, not just a whimsical decision. Without question, what we have received in return far outweighs what we give. I say this in the most sincere way that I can. We are the beneficiaries, not the givers.”

Great care and effort have been taken to ensure that this Honor Roll of Donors is accurate, but in the event an error has occurred, we sincerely apologize. Please contact Cathy O'Donnell, Director of Stewardship, at (203) 254-4000 ext. 3473 if an inaccuracy is found.