Why Be a Friend?
Who are the Friends of Fairfield Athletics?
Fairfield University Friends of Athletics is a volunteer organization, supported by Fairfield University, whose objective is securing the Department of Athletics place among the nation’s finest – both academically and athletically.
Fairfield University Friends of Athletics seeks to grow our fan base through communications, events, mentoring and career networking, and by building a sense of tradition and community.
Why should I join?
Through your participation, volunteerism and financial support, you can help promote excellence in coaching, recruiting and academic performance to enhance each student-athlete’s competitive experience.
You will also be able to meet or re-connect with student-athletes, coaches, university administrators and staff, alumni, parents, friends and fans of the Fairfield University community and family!
In addition, you will receive Communications throughout the year to keep you informed and up to date, such as:
- Stags Sports Report (monthly e-newsletter)
- Coaches’ updates
- Chair or Committee member updates
- Sports information updates – conference championships, pre or post season tournaments/championships/competitions; awards/honors
- Invitations to special events
How can I particpate or volunteer?
- Attend pre- and post-game receptions, men’s and women’s alumni games, homecoming activities and additional events throughout the year.
- Host a pre- or post-game event when a Fairfield team is travelling to your region to compete.
Career Mentoring and Networking
- Participate in student-athlete career panels and workshops
- Be a mentor to current student-athletes providing career guidance, resume advice, networking opportunities and professional development.
- Increase your professional network by connecting with other Fairfield former athlete alumni
- Support Fairfield University’s men’s and women’s varsity sports by providing funds to supplement the annual athletics operating budget.
- Gifts can be directed to a specific sport or to the general varsity athletics fund.
What can I do as a friend?
- Show your support by attending home and away games and events.
- Volunteer on a committee.
- Be an advocate and ambassador of Fairfield University Athletics
How can I join and does it cost anything?
It is free to join. Get in the action! Join the Friends of Fairfield Athletics today!
Who can I contact if I have further questions or want more information?
Department of Athletics