Ireland Native Pursuing His Dream with Help from Fairfield University’s Rev. John M. Conlisk Irish Scholarship

Submitted by Meg McCaffrey on September 22, 2009

pr_hcaulfield09Thanks to Fairfield University’s $50,000 Rev. John M. Conlisk Scholarship, Ireland native Howard Caulfield is pursuing his dream. Two weeks ago, he moved to the United States to study for a master’s degree in finance at Fairfield’s Charles F. Dolan School of Business – and he couldn’t be happier.

“When I found out that I had been awarded the scholarship, I was over the moon,” said Caulfield, 22. “I have spent time in the United States travelling and working at Disney World and I love the country, so to have the opportunity to study in Fairfield was a dream come true.”

For Caulfield, of Derryfadda, Clonlara in County Clare, it seemed like a wise time to go to graduate school. Caulfield’s studies will mean that he will be at Fairfield through 2010. “There are limited opportunities in Ireland as opposed to the U.S. in the world of finance,” said Caulfield, a graduate of the University of Limerick. “Ireland’s current economic struggles emphasized that further education would be the wiser choice to job hunting.”

More >>

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/88d9rvg