Connecticut Nurses’ Association Awards Highest Honor to School of Nursing Professor Sheila Carey Grossman

Submitted by Meg McCaffrey on November 6, 2009

84Connecticut Nurses’ Association Awards Highest Honor to School of Nursing The Connecticut Nurses’ Association (CNA) awarded Fairfield University School of Nursing Professor, Ph.D., FNP-BC, with its prestigious 2009 Josephine Dolan Award for her outstanding contributions to nursing education.

This award, named after one of the most distinguished leaders in Connecticut nursing history, represents the highest honor that the nursing profession in the state can bestow on one of its own, a kind of “Nobel Prize” in nursing, according to Carole Bergeron, Ph.D., RN, executive director of the CNA. The Josephine Dolan Award was established by CNA to honor individuals or organizations that have made contributions in the areas of practice, education, research, administration, political action and/or service.

Dr. Grossman, the coordinator of the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Fairfield, received the award at CNA’s 103rd annual convention. “I’m humbled, especially because I was nominated by my peers,” she said. “I am very honored by their letters of recommendation.”Professor Sheila Carey Grossman.

More >>

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/8x4j2ye