CT Nurses’ Association Awards Highest Honor to SON Professor Sheila Grossman

Submitted by Meg McCaffrey on November 9, 2009

news_son_grossman_09The Connecticut Nurses’ Association (CNA) awarded Fairfield University School of Nursing Professor Sheila C. Grossman, Ph.D., FNP-BC, with its prestigious 2009 Josephine Dolan Award for her outstanding contributions to nursing education.

This award, named after one of the most distinguished leaders in Connecticut nursing history, represents the highest honor that the nursing profession in the state can bestow on one of its own, a kind of “Nobel Prize” in nursing, according to Carole Bergeron, Ph.D., RN, executive director of the CNA. The Josephine Dolan Award was established by CNA to honor individuals or organizations that have made contributions in the areas of practice, education, research, administration, political action and/or service.

Dr. Grossman, the coordinator of the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Fairfield, received the award at CNA’s 103rd annual convention. “I’m humbled, especially because I was nominated by my peers,” she said. “I am very honored by their letters of recommendation.”

Learn more >>

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/d2dvoja