Undergraduate Student Profile: Tebben Lopez

Submitted by Web Communications on April 18, 2011

I hope to use photojournalism to show people truth and perhaps inspire them to get out of their comfort zones to experience life more completely.

Tebben Lopez

Program: Individualized Major

Hometown: Berkeley, CA

Extracurricular Activities: The Mirror, Performing For Change

Honors/Awards: Dean’s List, Magis Scholarship,
Sierra Club’s Best Internship on Earth Finalist!

Vote for Fairfield’s Tebben Lopez to win the Best Internship on Earth! The more comments she receives, the better chances she has. View her fabulous video & leave a comment today! Learn more about Tebben here.

Major Matters

I chose my major based on what I want to do in life – photojournalism. I am currently an English major on the journalism track, but am considering applying for an Individually Designed Major because photojournalism is more multifaceted as far as disciplines go.

Why PhotoJournalism?

I decided I wanted to be a photojournalist after seeing a photo-exhibit on the Congo two autumns ago as a make-up for a missed trip in my digital photography class. I was so epically moved by the message and the motivation behind the photos. I decided I wanted to give my photographs that backbone of meaning too.

College & Career Goals

My goals during my college career are to take advantage of the myriad Fairfield opportunities to get out there, nationally and internationally. I plan on jumping into my photography (more completely) after I graduate. I hope to show people truth and perhaps inspire them to get out of their comfort zones to experience life more completely.

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/885uzzp