The New Media Film, Television, and Radio Department held their 7th Annual Cinefest Fairfield Film Festival at the Regina A. Quick Center on May 7th. The event highlights the best of student films, and this year was no exception. With 14 films in a wide variety of genres, a packed audience in the Kelley Theater was entertained all night.
Before the films rolled, the audience was entertained by a red carpet pre-show where student filmmakers and faculty were interviewed. Once the show started, laughter erupted when hosts for the night, Steve Bottari and Wanda Szarek, broke out in a rap created especially for Cinefest. Bottari and Szarek guided the rest of the night from film to film, inviting the directors on stage for short question and answer sessions to gain insight into their production process.
The films featured great talent and range, and included emotional coming-of-age stories, comedies, and foot-tapping to several music videos.
Photos by Jean Santopatre
At the conclusion of the program, the audience was invited to cast their votes for the Audience Choice award. In addition, prior to the event, a panel of judges voted on Cinefest’s version of the Oscars. The results were:
- Best Screenplay: Matt Carr, The Shephard
- Best Director: Alexander Lewandowski, Telenvision
- Best Editor: Melissa Thomas, Impressions: Looking Beyond the Label
- Best Cinematography: Matt Carr, The Shepherd
- Best Sound Design: Dan Basone, KO
- Best Production Design: Alexander Lewandowski, Telenvision
- Best Picture: Kenni Nwajagu, This is Me
- Best Documentary: Melissa Thomas, Impressions: Looking Beyond the Label
- Audience Choice: Matt Carr, The Shepherd
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/7m98x9p