Undergraduate Student Profile: Julia Grimm

Submitted by Web Communications on September 29, 2011

What has really enhanced my experience at Fairfield has been the Orientation program. I became involved as an Orientation Leader before my junior year …There is nothing more exciting than welcoming a new classes of First Year students to the best four years of their lives.

Julia Grimm ’12

Hometown: Reading, MA

Program: Politics Major, Peace & Social Justice Minor

Why fairfield? why politics?

I chose Fairfield because of the strong community. As soon as you arrive on campus you feel a positive energy of beauty, a desire for change, and a sense of home.

I chose my major because the ideology behind political science interests me; the ability to evaluate and create discourse on the state of the world is of the utmost importance.

favorite thing to do on campus

Grab a coffee from Jazzman’s Café and sit with a great book to people watch!

most memorable academic experience

Being able to study abroad in Istanbul, Turkey in the fall of 2010. I had the opportunity to learn in a different classroom environment, but more importantly to truly become a global citizen.

favorite thing outside of the classroom

What has really enhanced my experience at Fairfield has been the Orientation program. I became involved as an Orientation Leader before my junior year and I served as Co-Chair of the program this past summer. The sense of family and camaraderie is incredible between the team of Orientation Leaders. There is nothing more exciting than welcoming a new class of First Year students to the best four years of their lives.

next favorite thing outside of the classroom

When I have free time, I like to go for a run around the town of Fairfield!

fairfield surprise

One thing I wish I knew about actual college life before I got here is that everyone is going through the same awkward and stressful situation that you are.

self-awareness

One positive thing I have learned about myself since coming to Fairfield is that I find great satisfaction and joy in being a leader when I never thought that was possible.

post-graduation plans

After graduation, I plan to do something that matters to me; whether it is a year of service, being in the workforce or continuing my education.

favorite fairfield memory

The one Fairfield experience I will always remember is standing in front of the Class of 2015 at June Orientation this past summer welcoming them to the Fairfield community, while realizing how jealous I was that they have four more years!

Go Stags!

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/773urjj