Erin Stahl ’11

Submitted by Web Communications on November 15, 2011

As a recent alumna, I still try to give back in other ways, including through my support of Fairfield. My transformative years on campus motivated me to support the Senior Class Gift as a way to offer future classes the same opportunities that I was able to have.

Erin Stahl ’11

Undergraduate Admissions Counselor, Fairleigh Dickinson University

Major: English

A Family Affair

My father (Mike ’84) and brother (Mike, Jr. ’10) both call Fairfield their alma mater. With my brother just a year ahead of me, I was able to visit him on campus when making my college decision, and immediately felt that Fairfield was a match for me. It’s wonderful to be a part of this family tradition, and we’re all proud to be Fairfield Stags.

A Woman for Others

My most significant Fairfield memory is of an Ignatian Solidarity Corps immersion trip to Quito, Ecuador. I traveled with a group of students in May of 2009 and was moved by the kindness of the impoverished communities I encountered. On the trip, a bracelet inscribed simply with “Ecuador” was gifted to me, and I still wear it as a reminder of this experience that taught me about humility, pride, and how to truly be a woman for others. As a recent alumna, I still try to give back in other ways, including through my support of Fairfield. My transformative years on campus motivated me to support the Senior Class Gift as a way to offer future classes the same opportunities that I was able to have.

Postgraduate Life

As a student, I was most influenced by the mentorship of the associate director of the Connecticut Writing Project, Lynn Winslow. Leading by example, she taught us how to be selfless, genuine, and empathetic, and inspired me to pursue a career in higher education. I am currently an undergraduate admissions counselor at Fairleigh Dickinson University and was accepted to a master’s degree program in Higher & Postsecondary Education at Columbia University’s Teachers College. I hope that I, too, can inspire others the way I was inspired by so many individuals at Fairfield.

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/7gjym8v