Student Profile: Marie Matta ’15

Submitted by Deirdre Bennett, Assistant Director, Student Affairs Communications on September 25, 2012

College is really a time about getting to know yourself more, and becoming a part of different communities and getting yourself out of your comfort zone.

Marie Matta

Hometown: Hamden, Conn.

Class: 2015

Major: Undecided

See Marie’s ePortfolio created as part of her First Year Experience seminar.

I chose fairfield because…

I knew it would provide me with a strong liberal arts education, and being undecided, the school would give me a wide range of options to choose from. I was also a fan of the smaller class setting and the fact that it is a perfect distance from home for me.

My most memorable academic experience so far…

I’ve had a couple of memorable academic experiences ranging from conducting an interview with a person in the financial aid department for an English class to visiting a synagogue for a Religious Studies course.

Outside of the classroom my favorite thing at fairfield that really enhances my experience is…

being a member of Students for Social Justice.

When I have free time i like to…

hang out with friends, write, and watch marathons of Law and Order SVU

One thing i wish i knew about college life before i got here is…

that college is really a time about getting to know yourself more, and becoming a part of different communities. And getting yourself out of your comfort zone really helps you discover yourself in the best possible ways.

one positive thing i have learned about myself since coming to fairfield is

that I am a mature and responsible person who can push myself without the guidance of others.

the one fairfield experience i will definitely remember is…

being an NSL (New Student Leader)! It has been a great experience so far, and it has by far been one of the most rewarding experiences I have yet to encounter here at Fairfield.

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/8atotq7