Lisa Tkach profile

Submitted by Deirdre Bennett, Assistant Director, Student Affairs Communications on November 14, 2012

If I show that I’m passionate about something, people will give me a chance to show it. I love that.

Lisa Tkach ’15

Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ

Class: 2015

Major: Philosophy and Psychology

See Marie’s ePortfolio created as part of her First Year Experience seminar.

My favorite thing to do on campus is…

To be there! It sounds silly, but being a part of campus is what makes me happy. There are so many places to go to be with friends or to be alone and reflect. I personally love the area around the chapel, I go there when I just need to sit and think.

My most memorable academic experience so far…

The first philosophy course I took was an eye-opening experience, and really taught me more about how to think as a college student. It’s why I love the Core so much!

Outside of the classroom my favorite thing at fairfield that really enhances my experience is…

Being a New Student Leader! It has given me the opportunity to meet really fantastic people, experience new things, and learn more about myself as a leader and individual.

When I have free time i like to…

Draw, paint, and spend time with my friends.

One thing i wish i knew about college life before i got here is…

That college is really a time about getting to know yourself more, and becoming a part of different communities. And getting yourself out of your comfort zone really helps you discover yourself in the best possible ways.

one positive thing i have learned about myself since coming to fairfield is

the one fairfield experience i will definitely remember is…

The Kairos retreat I had the opportunity to go on. It has shaped the person I’ve become, the people I know, and the way I go through every day. I can’t tell you much more, you’ll have to try for yourself!

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/bexhkno