Student Profile: Aryanne Pereira 13

Submitted by Deirdre Bennett, Assistant Director, Student Affairs Communications on March 21, 2013

There are so many clubs and organizations to get involved with on campus.

Aryanne Pereira ’13

Hometown: Bridgeport, Conn.

Class: 2013

Major: Communication

I CHOSE FAIRFIELD BECAUSE…

Fairfield University was close to home, it has a beautiful campus, and was very helpful with financial aid. I wouldn’t have been able to go to college without the financial help Fairfield was able to provide.

I CHOSE MY MAJOR BECAUSE…

Communication is an important skill that is used in any field. Whether you learn the technical aspects that can be used in marketing, or the specific communication aspects in a health setting, communication and interpersonal skills are beneficial in any direction we take in life.

MY FAVORITE THING TO DO ON CAMPUS IS…

Hang out in the Barone Campus Center. All of my friends end up coming by there. So many people to see and things to do. It’s also nice to find a spot just to sit and read.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE?

First semester freshman year I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY for my Art History class. Before then I had heard of the Met but I never actually went there before. Touring the Met, actually seeing history right before my eyes and learning about how those things influence our lives today, was very memorable. It changed my view of museums for the better. Now I love the opportunities to visit galleries and museums to appreciate the different art forms.

OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM, MY FAVORITE THING AT FAIRFIELD THAT REALLY ENHANCES MY EXPERIENCE HERE IS…

The student involvement. There are so many clubs and organizations to get involved with on campus. You can try something new or advocate for something you are passionate about. I love seeing other people doing the things they love.

WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME, I LIKE TO…

Go to the beach. How convenient it is that campus is so close to the beach.

One thing I wish I knew about actual college life before I got here iS…

How to manage my time. I think I do a pretty good job at it, but there is always room to improve. If I had a better idea of how much “free time” I would have, I think I could have better prepared myself but also had the chance to help others.

One positive thing I have learned about myself since coming to Fairfield is…

Although there are so many different people, different ideas, different beliefs, different personalities, and different values, I’ve been able to hold on to who I am and what I believe in. I think it’s important to find yourself and figure out who you are and who you want to become throughout your life. But if you don’t build a strong foundation, then the process of finding yourself can be difficult.

AFTER GRADUATION, I PLAN TO…

travel the world! Why not? I want to travel the world and photograph my way around it. I want to continue to learn about new cultures, but also be able to share my experiences with people through my photos. I have been developing my own photography business which includes sports photography, wedding photography and landscape photography. With all things, I keep myself open to new opportunities and new experiences whether in the photography field or anywhere else.

The one Fairfield experience I will always remember will be…

I will always remember my Orientation experience on Team ’15 and helping the Class of 2015 transition to Fairfield. The friends that I made, the experiences shared and the impact on the incoming class are feelings that I can’t even explain. Although it was hard work along with sleepless nights, in the end it was all worth it. Seeing your students getting involved and joining new clubs that revolved around their passions, that’s when you know you were a part of their success.

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/czekcah