Scroll through the list below to see the latest placements and stories about the Program in the Environment:
1. Katrina Rebuild Over Winter Break
Over winter break, 24 Fairfield students and two staff continued Fairfield’s tradition of traveling to New Orleans to help in rebuilding efforts that are still ongoing in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. The trip was coordinated by LEAF – “Leaders in Environmental Action at Fairfield: Read the full story here:
2. Fairfield University students go to New Orleans in 2013: Fairfield University students and 2 faculty advisors traveled to New Orleans January 6-12 to rebuild homes that were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Check out their account here:
3. Fairfield announces recipients of ‘Sustainability’ awards (Fairfield Sun Newspaper)
4. Irene and Sandy Show the Effects of Extreme Weather on Lakes (National Geographic):
5. Students win Fairfield University grants for rainwater-harvesting system, worm composter, green dryer installation: Read all about it here:
6. Nick Pawlowski, Campus Executive Chef, discusses on the television program “What’s Cooking” how he uses food from the campus community garden in his cooking on campus. Using herbs and vegetables, Chef Nick makes pumpkin ravioli with sage and brown butter – a dish he planned to serve in the student dining hall this week. He mentions how Biology faculty members Drs. Jen Klug and Tod Osier oversee the garden and help him with the endeavor. Appeared on News 12 What’s Cooking on 12/1/12
7. A new project on the southwest corner of the Fairfield University campus is generating a lot of buzz. The commotion is caused by some 50,000 Italian honeybees. Only 10,000 arrived in May at the campus community garden, but the queen bee has been busy reproducing ever since. (Fairfield Sun Newspaper)
8. Fairfield University Campus Sustainability Committee announces 1st annual student competition to devise beneficial environmental projects: Full account here:
9. Fairfield University’s green efforts and eco-conscious faculty member honored: Read about it here.
10. Fairfield University officials hope ‘Dashboards’ get students to think twice: Read the press release.
11. Fairfield University’s David Frassinelli awarded by Associated General Contractors of Connecticut for steering University’s array of construction projects: Full story here.
12. Fairfield University’s 1st annual campus garden open house: Check out the full story here.
13. Fairfield’s campus garden serving as an outdoor classroom: View press release.
14. Fairfield University receives Santa Energy Green Business Award: Reported here.
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/crv4fp5