Student Profile: Sidiropoulos

Submitted by Deirdre Bennett, Assistant Director, Student Affairs Communications on June 11, 2013

It’s never too early to get started making your resume or applying to internships.

Olga Sidiropoulos ’14

Hometown: Norwalk, CT

Program: Marketing and International Business

I CHOSE FAIRFIELD BECAUSE…

Of its great reputation, all-encompassing Jesuit education, and proximity to home. In addition, I enjoy having smaller class sizes, because it is very easy to make long lasting connections with your professors and your peers.

I CHOSE MY MAJOR BECAUSE…

I’ve always wanted to work for an international company. I enjoy marketing because it enables me to express my creativity, while working in the fields that I enjoy the most.

MY FAVORITE THING TO DO ON CAMPUS IS…

To spend time with my friends in the Barone Campus Center. It’s always fun to catch up with them while grabbing a bite to eat at Einsteins or The Stag.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE?

My business French course. I learned all about conducting business in France, which is something that I’m hoping to do in the future. The course was taught entirely in French, which was great because I learned a lot of useful terminology.

OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM, MY FAVORITE THING AT FAIRFIELD THAT REALLY ENHANCES MY EXPERIENCE HERE IS…

Joining clubs and organizations. Having positions on different organizations can teach you a lot about yourself and your work ethic! Fairfield has tons of clubs and organizations to choose from!

WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME, I LIKE TO…

Play a game of basketball in the Rec Plex, or catch up on some reading in the library. On warmer days, I like to jog around campus with my friends or take a ride into town.

One thing I wish I knew about actual college life before I got here iS…

How critical it is to plan ahead! It’s never too early to get started making your resume or applying to internships. It’s important to start making connections as early as freshmen year.

One positive thing I have learned about myself since coming to Fairfield is…

That I can do anything if I put my mind to it. Being a college student means exploring your interests and taking the initiative to do the things that you love!

AFTER GRADUATION, I PLAN TO…

Find a job working in New York City and further my career. I would also love to work abroad (preferably in Paris) if I ever got the chance!

The one Fairfield experience I will always remember will be…

Planning for the 2011 Presidential Ball. Sophomore year, I was the co-director of Special Events for Fairfield University’s Student Association (FUSA). After a few months of planning, I got to see my hard work come together nicely. The results were priceless!

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/ldmv65u