Interning at National Geographic Kids

Submitted by Carolyn Arnold, Associate Director, Marketing & Communications on July 19, 2014

Nicoletta Richardson ’14 spent the summer of 2013 in Washington D.C. with an incredible internship opportunity at National Geographic Kids.

Nicoletta 5

Nicoletta Richardson ’14 poses in front of National Geographic magazine covers in Washington D.C.

As an editorial intern for the well-known children’s magazine, Richardson wrote three articles for the publication, two of which appeared in the March 2014 issue and one which appeared in the April 2014 issue

Richardson wrote stories about Guinness World Record breakers (including Ozzy the border collie mix’s record to cross an 11-foot-5-inch-long rope in the fastest time for a dog) and the life of Leonardo da Vinci.

“Getting an internship at National Geographic was my absolute dream ever since entering college, and the experience living up to my expectations is an understatement,” Richardson said. “Not only did I conduct professional research, fact-check, and write articles as the editorial intern for the Kids magazine, but also became highly inspired by the passionate people working there, dedicating their lives to better the company and fulfill the National Geographic mission.  I will never be the same because of it, and am thankful to learn and know at such a young age that I love what I do.”

This summer, Richardson is doing a professional internship at Time, Inc. for Kids.

Learn more about English internships.

Nicoletta 7

Richardson was an editorial intern for National Geographic Kids

Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/ofnfa9a